Healthy Food that Makes you Fat
Many people who are looking for ways to lose belly fat, or who are just trying to lose excess weight are buying health foods every single day. The market for these products is huge and it is one of the biggest industries on the planet today. It is no surprise that there are thousands of products, health products, out there that are simply not healthy, which are just trying to cut the slice out of multi billion dollar pie for themselves.
You are also probably the victim of these false marketing claims and if I were you I would start to get really angry right about now. I mean, if you were guided into belief that you are buying the healthy food and that you are doing all the “right” things to battle your body fat or to eat healthy and it turns out you are doing more harm than good, what else can you feel but anger?
I just received a list of top 10 foods that we all think are healthy and good for us while the reality is something completely different. Here is the list of these foods that you should find a substitution for ASAP
This is not a Fat Loss Food list
1. Whole Wheat bread – all whole wheat breads contain enriched flour and some of them contain high fructose corn syrup
2. Low Fat and/or Low Sugar Salad Dressings – canola oil, sugar (or some use artificial sweeteners instead…which is even worse!)
3. Sports Drinks – sports drinks are high in fructose corn syrup, not to mention all the nasty dyes that are used to make it all sorts of fluorescent colors
4. Dry Roasted Almonds – canola oil and some add sugar
5. Almost all Protein and Energy Bars – soy and sugar
6. Almost all High Protein and High Fiber cereals – soy and canola oil
7. Low Sugar Instant Oatmeal – sugar, soy, and artificial sweeteners
8. Diet and Weight Loss Shakes (and other diet shakes) – canola oil and sugar
9. 100 Calorie Snack Packs - enriched flour and artificial sweeteners
10. Flavored Yogurt – sugar or artificial sweeteners
Source: DSP newsletter
Hopefully none of your favorite foods is on this list. This list is just the scratch on the surface of the health foods which are not healthy at all. Look for these “bad” ingredients in some of the other foods from your fridge. The result may surprise you.